12 years ago I experienced the transformation into motherhood and was I profoundly changed. Birth taught me so many things that forever changed me.
- I was strong. Stronger than I ever knew.
- I was capable and ready for this most challenging job of being a mother.
- How to truly be in the present moment.
- How to surrender and release control.
- That life is sacred and I was so grateful to be a part of the circle of life.
I had two natural births and I can honestly say while it was the hardest work I have ever done, it was by far the most empowering and beautiful experience of my life. What made my births so manageable and positive was being fully educated, feeling my husbands loving presence and the encouraging female support by my side that truly believed in me
I wanted to share with others of what the birth experience could be and so I became a certified Doula and Educator of The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth. For the past 10 years I have had the most amazing time helping couples have truly positive birth experiences, with joy over fear.
I believe in every Mother finding her voice and power in birth. It is important that she feels respected and heard, and given a safe place to experience the joy of becoming a Mother. In my 10 years as a doula, I have come to truly believe that birth is better when you don't feel alone. My role is to support the mother-to-be in what she wants her birth experience to be and helping her partner feel fully engaged and present for his partner.
The following quote is my deepest pursuit and desire.
“You are a birth servant. Do good without show or fuss. If you must take the lead, lead so that the mother is helped, yet still free and in charge. When the baby is born, they will rightly say: ‘We did it ourselves!’ Tao Te Ching
- Certified Instructor of The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth, AAHCC, 2006
- Certified Bradley Doula, AAHCC, 2006
- Certified Placenta Specialist, IPPA, FCEC, 2013
- Aromatherapy for the Birth Professional, 2015
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor, 2012 CIMI
- Spinning Babies Workshop
- Rebozo Workshop