Birth is better when you don't feel alone
As much as having a baby is pure joy and a dream come true, the idea of birth can also feel scary and overwhelming to most women. There are so many negative perceptions of birth, but we truly believe that a positive birth can be experienced by all if they have a supportive birth team. Having a female birth companion can change your experience in an amazing way. Making the Mom feel comfortable, respected, heard and honored is our goal as a Doula. Birth is better when you don't feel alone or afraid, and with the constant support of a partner and a Doula, this can change everything.
What is a Doula?
As Doulas in the Portland, Oregon areas, we are trained and experienced birth professionals who guide and support families during one of the most important times in their lives; pregnancy, the labour process and birth.
How Baby Nest Doulas Guide You to Have an Easier Birth
- Provide information and emotional support in pregnancy.
- Help coordinate prenatal resources for optimal health in pregnancy.
- Provide physical and emotional comfort measures in labour.
- Advocate for your birth wishes and support your choices.
- Encourage and support the partner so they are confident to help Mom in the labour process and feel part of the birth experience.
- Ensure you are adjusting well as a new family after birth.
- Be your personal birth guide that listens, guides, comforts, assures, encourages and cares.
- Celebrates your birth story and makes sure you are set up for breastfeeding success and life with a newborn.
Benefits of a Hiring a Birth Doula
It has been medically documented that the presence of a Doula can positively impact the birth experience, providing countless benefits for the Mom, Dad and Baby.
- Mothers achieve a more comfortable birth with less fear
- Shortens the length of labour
- Requests less pain medication, reduces use of epidurals
- Less inductions and augmentations of labor
- Fewer assisted births with forceps or vacuum
- Lower Cesarean rate (see Washington State cesarean rate)
- Increase in successful VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean)
- Empowerment as a couple in making decisions
- Linked to better parenting and higher satisfaction with birth outcome
- Higher satisfaction of their personal accomplishments