Are you desiring a natural childbirth but don't have time for a long series? This could be the class for you!
This class is based on The Bradley Method philosophies, of partner coached childbirth and based on the basis that natural childbirth is possible, rewarding and, oh so amazing!
Through my 10 years of teaching couples about the birth process I have realized the most important thing is that the couple does it TOGETHER.
My goal is that the new Mom and Dad work towards a common goal and find each other in the process of bringing a baby into their world.
I believe that people learn best when it's fun and interactive and include all learning styles. My class is full of games, videos, practical hands on exercises and time to connect with the other parents.
You will leave class full of information on ways to be a participant in your birth, natural ways to cope and a feeling of readiness for you and your coach!
What You Will Learn At The Workshop:
- Foundations to a healthy labour and how to stay low risk
- Learn practical ways your partner can support you through all stages of labour, even when you want things get hard
- Natural comfort measures, including acupressure and massage techniques
- How to pack a comfort kit for labour and provide mama more relief
- What you will experience in each stage of labor and learn when to go to your birth place
- Learn how to experience less pain in birth!
- Ways to help your baby into the best position for birth
- Creating a ‘labor-friendly’ environment, at home or in the hospital
- Epidurals – The compassionate use of epidurals, side effects etc.
- Become aware of all your choices in birth, learning how to advocate for your preferences
- Best ways to write a birth plan
- Transform your birth fears and learn how to avoid common interventions
- Learn what to do if complications arise and how to stay in control of your birth experience
- How to reduce your chance of a cesarean
- Your Placenta – Its job throughout pregnancy, and possible uses after birth to reduce Postpartum Depression
- Learn about yourself and your partner, what relaxes you physically, emotionally and mentally
Cost is $275 for the couple, Workshop location is Happy Valley New Seasons Market. Class is from 9:30am-4:30pm, breaking for lunch and snacks.