Birth is better when you don't feel alone.
Baby Nest is a group of Vancouver and Portland Doulas who are passionate about birth and supporting mamas-to-be with authentic care, approachability and professionalism.
We believe you should be filled with confidence and empowerment as you become a mother, and that the way you give birth matters! As Doulas, we are there to remind you of your strength, your body's design and help you achieve the birth of your dreams.
We have four birth Doulas, each with their own style and certification, but all holding the value of being birth professionals who are passionate about bringing calm and comfort to the birth experience.
Meet the Baby Nest Doulas
A Little About Sherilee
- Owner of Baby Nest Birth Services, Certified Birth Doula, Placenta Specialist and Bradley Method Instructor
- My husband and I have two crazy cool kids, ages 10 and 13. They make us laugh, keep our life full of adventure and are always teaching us!
- I adore the summer.
- The Vancouver Farmers Market is my style of gardening.
- My husband and I started a food cart called The Mighty Bowl and I often thought it was harder to get started than childbirth itself!
- I light a candle for each of my students and clients when they are in labor in honour of their journey into motherhood and the new life coming into this world.
A Little About Inge-Lise
- Certified Birth Doula with DONA International
- When not working, I love to spend time with my husband of 14 years and our three daughters, ages 10, 8 and 4.
- We enjoy doing things outdoors like hiking, camping and geocaching!
- My name is Danish and is pronounced Ing-Lisa.
- In my spare time I like to read, bake, organize and listen to music.
- If the sun is shining, I am a very happy woman!
A Little About Kimberly
- Certified Birth Doula with Birthingway College of Midwifery
- I am obsessed with the endocrine system and how it plays out through the labor process.
- I am passionate about my three teenage daughters
- My incredibly supportive husband and I love to go on date nights which include trying new restaurants, meandering around Portland, & frequenting favorite brew pubs.
- I have a penchant for travel, hiking, cooking, Oenology and SUP boarding,
- Much to my girls chagrin, I love improv singing and dancing!
A Little About Maria
- Received my doula education in 2007 with Birthingway College of Midwifery.
- I was born in The Hauge, in The Netherlands
- I gave birth to my 4 children at home.
- I administrate a worldwide community-based breastmilk sharing network.
In my free time I love to knit, drink wine with friends, practice yoga and bike ride.
As Birth Doulas We Support....
We work with all Mothers and support all desires for birth, including those planning a natural birth, water birth, medicated birth, cesarean birth, or VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). We attended births at hospitals, birth centers, and home births in the Vancouver, Washington and Portland, Oregon areas.
Because we take a limited number of clients, we book several months in advance so please contact us to discuss availability. We believe that every Mother who wants a Doula should have one, and if we are booked we are happy to refer you to other Doulas in the area.
Every single birth is a beautiful, inspiring experience and we would love to be part of yours!